There are several techniques when repairing a damaged edge where you can go back and forth sideways or even backwards. At that point in the sharpening, you are trying to put the edge back on the blade and remove any dings or nicks. But, when finishing the edge you will want to go forward. As in, you sharpen with the edge of the knife leading into the sharpening stone. This will allow the edge to finish at very sharp edge without creating a rolled edge.
How may we help?
Articles in this section
- Are all diamond sharpeners the same?
- Are all DMT products made in the USA?
- I’m interested in buying your products. Could you please send me a price list?
- Where can I buy your sharpeners?
- Which grit should I use?
- What is the warranty on your sharpeners?
- How long should the diamond last on a sharpener?
- What are the differences in the DMT diamond surfaces?
- How do I take care of my diamond sharpener?
- Do you have anything that I could use to sharpen my bread knife or serrations on a folding knife?